This delivery truck is empty.
Get started by adding a Best of Season Box!
Blueberry Lemon Streusel Muffins Recipe
1½ Cups All Purpose Flour
¾ Cup sugar
2 Teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
Zest 1 Lemon
⅓ Cup vegetable oil
1 Lg. egg
⅓ Cup milk
2 Cups blueberries
½ Cup sugar
½ Cup flour
¼ Cup butter (cold)
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In your first bowl add your flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and zest from one lemon. Mix.
3. In another take your blueberries and a spoonful of your dry mix and toss.This actually will help your blueberries stay put in the batter and not sink to the bottom.
4. In your last bowl combine the vegetable oil, egg, and milk. Whisk.
5. Combine the flour mixture with the butter mixture all at once and then mix. Don't over mix!
6. Add your blueberries and mix as little as possible.
7. Combine sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Use a pastry blender to mix- or if you’re like me just use your hand. Then sprinkle over the muffin batter.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack or like me enjoy immediately.
Coronation Grape Clafouti
1 Tb butter
3 cups seedless coronation grapes (or concord grapes)
3 large eggs
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1- 1/2 cups light cream (10%)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Make sure your oven rack is in the middle-lower position. Place a baking sheet on the rack. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch glass pie plate and set aside.
2. Gently pull the grapes off their stems and place them in a large measuring cup. Once you have three cups, cover the grapes with cold water and swish around to gently clean the grapes. Drain off the water. Pour the grapes into the prepared pie pan.
3. In a blender, combine the eggs (without their shells, obviously :)), the flour, sugar, salt, vanilla and cream. Blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can whisk the eggs, sugar and flour until smooth, then add the salt, vanilla and cream and whisk until smooth.
4. Pour the batter over the grapes in the pie plate. Place the filled pie plate in the oven on the preheated baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, rotating the pan about half-way through baking. Clafouti is done when it is puffed and golden around the egdes and the centre only jiggles very slightly. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
5. Clafoutis can be served warm or at room temperature.
The Best Vegan Apple Crisp
8 medium-large apples (4 tart (like granny smith), 4 sweet (like honey crisp) | organic when possible)
1 lemon, juiced (~ 2 Tbsp | 30 ml)
2/3 cup (128 g) coconut sugar (or sub organic cane sugar)
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 Tbsp (21 g) arrowroot starch or cornstarch (for thickening)
1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh apple juice (or water)
optional∫†3/4 tsp fresh grated ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 cup (90 g) rolled oats
1/2 cup (55 g) almond meal
1/2 cup (68 g) unbleached all purpose flour*
1/2 cup (96 g) coconut sugar (or sub organic cane sugar)
1/2 cup (110 g) muscovado sugar (or sub organic brown sugar)
1/2 cup (50 g) pecans, roughly chopped
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (120 ml) melted coconut oil or olive oil (or mix the two 1/2, 1/2)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Peel apples, quarter, remove cores, and use a paring knife to thinly slice lengthwise (see photo).
3. Add to a large mixing bowl and top with remaining filling ingredients. Toss to combine. Add to a 9x13 (or similar size) baking dish.
4. Rinse and wipe out your mixing bowl and add all topping ingredients. Stir to combine, then use fingers to break down any clumps of muscovado sugar. Pour over apples in an even layer.
5. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour (uncovered), or until the filling is bubbly, the apples are very fork tender (especially in the center of the dish), and the topping is deep golden brown.
6. Let rest at least 30 minutes before serving. This is delicious with coconut whipped cream or vanilla bean coconut ice cream.
7. Best when fresh, though leftovers keep covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days, or in the freezer up to 1 month. Reheat in the microwave, or in a 350 degree F oven until warmed through.
*To keep this recipe gluten free, ensure your oats are gluten free and sub the unbleached all purpose for a gluten free flour blend, such as my DIY gluten free blend or Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 10 servings without additional toppings.
Spiced Persimmon and Pecan Muffins
3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
5.6 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
4.75 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1/3 cup ripe mashed Hachiya persimmon
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup diced peeled Fuyu persimmon
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Place 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until pecans are fragrant and toasted. Cool.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and next 6 ingredients (through cloves) in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Combine yogurt and next 6 ingredients (through eggs) in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and stir just until combined. Fold in Fuyu persimmon, cranberries, and toasted pecans. Spoon batter into 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle tops with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
4. Bake muffins at 375° for 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes on a wire rack, and remove from pans.
Fresh Peach Cobbler
6-8 fresh, ripe peaches (about 5 cups), peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (about 1 minute in the microwave will do)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pour melted butter in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
3. In a medium sized bowl sift together 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup sugar (reserve the other cup for the peaches), 1 tablespoon baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add in 1 cup milk and stir just until all ingredients are combined. Pour the batter over the butter. DO NOT STIR.
4. In a large saucepan , combine sliced peaches, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour the peach mixture evenly over the batter. DO NOT STIR *Note: One option for modifying this recipe to make it less sweet is to use 1/2 cup of sugar here. Also, the order is correct. Butter, batter, peaches. During baking, the batter rises above the peaches!
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
6. Cool slightly before serving.